Bryan · Workforce Education · Welding Fundamentals - WLDG
Advanced Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Spring 2019
- Sections 001 CRN-26013, 300 CRN-26013
- 4 Credits
- 01/14/2019 to 05/09/2019
- Modified 11/28/2018
2 lecture hours and 6 lab hours per week; 128 total contact hours. Credit: 4 semester hours.
Advanced topics in Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW). Includes welding in various positions and directions.
Prerequisites: WLDG 1425
Core Curriculum Statement
This course is not a core curriculum course.
- Demonstrate proficiency in various welding positions
- Describe safety practices and equipment use
- Describe the effects of welding parameters in GMAW
- Weld various joint designs and perform appropriate inspection
National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Welding Level II, 5th Edition
Blinn College Policies
Notice of any action taken under these protocol and procedures, by Blinn College or its employees, may be delivered by hand, through the U.S. Postal Service, or electronically to the student’s Blinn Buc e-mail account. Notice shall be deemed received upon actual receipt, on deposit in the U.S. Mail, or upon entering the information processing system used by Blinn College for Blinn Buc e-mail accounts, whichever first occurs.