Hodde Center · Workforce Education · Welding Fundamentals - WLDG
Advanced Gas Tungsten Arc Weld
- Spring 2019
- Section 001 CRN-26008
- 4 Credits
- 01/14/2019 to 05/09/2019
- Modified 11/28/2018
2 lecture hours and 6 lab hours per week; 128 total contact hours. Credit: 4 semester hours.
Advanced topics in GTAW welding, including welding pipe in various positions and directions.
Prerequisites: WLDG 1425 and WLDG 1434
Core Curriculum Statement
This course is not a core curriculum course.
- Demonstrate safety requirements for GTAW welding procedures
- Describe the effects of welding parameters in GTAW
- Diagnose welding problems
- Perform visual inspections
- Identify and explain open-root V-groove pipe weld techniques
- Perform open-root V-groove pipe welds
National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Welding Level III, 5th Edition
Blinn College Policies
Notice of any action taken under these protocol and procedures, by Blinn College or its employees, may be delivered by hand, through the U.S. Postal Service, or electronically to the student’s Blinn Buc e-mail account. Notice shall be deemed received upon actual receipt, on deposit in the U.S. Mail, or upon entering the information processing system used by Blinn College for Blinn Buc e-mail accounts, whichever first occurs.