Brenham · Agricultural Sciences · Agriculture - AGRI
Agriculture Construction I
- Fall 2018
- Section 002 CRN-11233
- 3 Credits
- 08/27/2018 to 12/13/2018
- Modified 08/08/2018
- Wednesday, 1:00 PM to 4:50 PM, Rankin Ag Shop Classroom 130
Instructor: Ben Burroughs
- Email: [email protected]
- Office: Rankin Ag Shop
- Phone: 979-830-4266
- Monday, Friday, 10:00 PM to 2:00 PM, RACS
Safety procedures, selection, use, and maintenance of hand and power tools; metal cutting and welding; and construction materials and principles.
Core Curriculum Statement
This course is not a core curriculum course.
1. Demonstrate proper safety procedures in an agricultural construction laboratory.
2. Determine the proper usage of common hand and power tools.
3. Demonstrate principles of project layout (e.g. measurements, squaring, leveling).
4. Demonstrate proper use of metal cutting and welding equipment.
5. Apply basic wiring and plumbing techniques.
6. Illustrate the principles of surveying and concrete layout.
- The student will prepare a bill of materials for a selected woodworking project. The bill of materials will be 90% accurate and will be completed before construction is begun on the semester project.
- The student will demonstrate power tool safety and correctly pass a tool safety test with 90% accuracy.
- The student will construct a power tool test project (the thing) to 1/16” accuracy
- The student will demonstrate electrical wiring circuits on the electrical test panel to 1/16” accuracy.
- The student will draw a complete set of plans for the semester wood construction project and the plans must march the constructed project to 1/16” per foot.
Classroom tests/quizzes 1000 points of Grade
Semester project/ Lab Exercises 1000 points of Grade
Class Participation 500 points of Grade
Blinn College Policies
Notice of any action taken under these protocol and procedures, by Blinn College or its employees, may be delivered by hand, through the U.S. Postal Service, or electronically to the student’s Blinn Buc e-mail account. Notice shall be deemed received upon actual receipt, on deposit in the U.S. Mail, or upon entering the information processing system used by Blinn College for Blinn Buc e-mail accounts, whichever first occurs.