Master Course Syllabus · Natural Sciences · Biology - BIOL
- Master Course Syllabus 2013
- Section All
- 2 Credits
- 01/01/2013 to 08/30/2013
- Modified 01/09/2019
1 lecture hour and 2 lab hours per week; 48 total contact hours. Credit: 2 semester hours.
A student-centered instructional program designed to integrate on-campus study with practical hands-on experience in the biological/life sciences under supervision of faculty mentor. This course may be repeated once for credit.
Prerequisite: Eight hours of college-level biology courses with a GPA of 3.0 or higher and the approval of the instructor or 4 hours of college biology with a grade of “A” while taking the second 4 hours of college biology concurrently.
Core Curriculum Statement
This course is not a core curriculum course.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out independent research using appropriate methodologies.
- Communicate results in a scientific manner.
To be determined based on the nature of the agreed upon research.
All sections of this course regardless of location or modality will include:
- A laboratory notebook or portfolio will be assembled documenting the progress and results of the student’s investigation.
- An oral or written report detailing the results of the student’s investigation.
The following are required components of a student’s final grade.
- A portfolio or laboratory notebook will account for a minimum of 60% of the final grade.
- An oral or written presentation of the student’s work will account for a minimum of 10% of the final grade.
Blinn College Policies
Notice of any action taken under these protocol and procedures, by Blinn College or its employees, may be delivered by hand, through the U.S. Postal Service, or electronically to the student’s Blinn Buc e-mail account. Notice shall be deemed received upon actual receipt, on deposit in the U.S. Mail, or upon entering the information processing system used by Blinn College for Blinn Buc e-mail accounts, whichever first occurs.