Federal Prison · Business and Technology · Information Management - POFT
- Summer II 2018
- Section F01 CRN-40456
- 3 Credits
- 07/05/2018 to 08/02/2018
- Modified 07/02/2018
- Weeks #1-4
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM, Bryan Federal Prison Camp
Introduction to a practical application of basic language usage skills with emphasis on fundamentals of writing and editing for business.
Core Curriculum Statement
This course is not a core curriculum course.
1. Apply the basic rules of grammar, spelling, capitalization, number usage, and punctuation.
2. Utilize terminology applicable to technical and business writing.
3. Develop proofreading and editing skills.
4. Write sentences and paragraphs.
Business Eng. w/sealed Premium Access Author: Guffey 10th 11 Edition Published by Cengage ISBN 978-0-3-2478974-4
A. Achievement of all competencies on Course Outcomes
B. Completion of three writing assignments-Project
C. Completion of four proofreading/revision exercises
D. Completion of all major exams and semester exam
Course must include a comprehensive final worth 20% of course grade, student participation grade of 10%, and minimum of 4 major grades.
- Major Exams: Score determined by points earned on objective and problem portions
- Writing and In Class Assignments: Grading Rubric
- Proofreading Exercises: Points determined by accuracy
- Final Exam: Points determined by accuracy and correct answers
- Point Distribution and Evaluation Percentages for the course:
POINT DISTRIBUTION EVALUATION PERCENTAGES
900-1000 A Unit Exams 50%
899-800 B Semester Exam 20%
799-700 C Project: Writing Exercises 20%
699-600 D Participation/Unit Review/
Below 600 F Proofreading/Revision Exercises 10%
Blinn College Policies
Notice of any action taken under these protocol and procedures, by Blinn College or its employees, may be delivered by hand, through the U.S. Postal Service, or electronically to the student’s BlinnBuc e-mail account. Notice shall be deemed received upon actual receipt, on deposit in the U.S. Mail, or upon entering the information processing system used by Blinn College for BlinnBuc e-mail accounts, whichever first occurs.
Tentative Daily Schedule—POFT 1301—Business Communication I
Summer II 2018