2010 Master of Art, Major in Ceramics, Minor in Sculpture
Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas.
2005 Bachelor of Fine Art, Emphasis in Ceramics
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas.
Present Adjunct Faculty-Art History, Traditional & Distance
01/2011 Blinn College, Bryan, Texas.
- Develop calendar and course curriculum for semester which meets objectives
- Classroom lectures presenting information & discussions on historical pieces of art
- Improve student achievement through a variety of teaching methods and materials
- Effective communication, participate in professional development & meetings
Present Adjunct Faculty-Art Appreciation, Distance Learning
01/2020 Lone Star College, Kingwood, Texas.
- Form curriculum which meets objectives for the semester
- Provide online lectures presenting information & discussions on artwork
- Support student success utilizing a variety of teaching methods
08/2018 Adjunct Faculty-Ceramics, Adult Community Classes
09/2017 Southwest School of Art, San Antonio, Texas.
- Teach hand-building and wheel-throwing classes, fundamental clay forming skills, project lectures, technique presentations & demonstrations
- Find creative methods to approach projects, group critique, develop course material
- Maintain common studio space: glazing, firing kilns, maintaining work spaces
08/2015 Gallery & Administrative Coordinator
01/2010 Parker Astin Arts Center, Bryan, Texas.
- Develop and install exhibitions in close collaboration with head curator
- Assist customers with design choices, assemble frames including restoration
- Maintain gallery and work spaces, perform administrative duties
02/2010 Installation Artist Assistant
08/2009 J Prichard Design, Austin, Texas.
- Create site specific porcelain installations featured in hospitality and commercial spaces, exhibited both nationally and internationally
- Install individual porcelain pieces in compositions directly onto walls, architectural elements, and tiles
- Elements created utilizing multiple methods: wheel throwing, hand-building and casting with an array of finishes